Nick has grown his design agency to $130k MRR with a very smart 'public design roasting' tweet strategy and your agency could introduce a similar strategy too.
How does it work?
Nick picks a Twitter user who is asking their followers for feedback on their landing page and roasts them by quote-tweeting it with his design changes.
Here's why it works:
1. These tweets have longevity as people are interested in looking at past landing page roasts that are maybe in a similar industry or find something for inspiration as they all make for very different pieces of content.
2. Roasting everyone that comments on his post.. this gives tons of free value for all users, so the engagement spike is massive.
3. People ask him what his main driver of growth is and this gives him the opportunity to quote back to an example of one of his roasts..
4. People share their landing page design, tagging him to roast their page. This makes him seem like an influential figure because people are asking for his thoughts, allowing Nick to reach more users from their followers.
5. Founders copying his strategy and thanking him for the inspiration..
6. Then there’s crazy people like me, creating case studies about this design content growth loop and that drives even more traffic :)
7. He then talks about how much MRR he is making as a result of the design roasts which makes for viral buildinpublic content and therefore more MRR and more engagement on his design roasts.